Saturday, August 23, 2008

Oh my goodness...

Last post was in April. My, how time just fly's by!

I just got home from an orientation for a new class I'm taking at ARC. It's a class in Painter. I love this program, and want to learn more about it, so I can paint pretty pictures to color the world. Its an online class, so it will be a real test to my commitment to learning this thing.

On another creative front... I just bought a die cut machine to create handmade invitations with. I was really excited about it - I guess I'm still excited about it, but I spent last night putting together my first invitation... Elliott's 1st birthday invitation... and it about kicked my ass... so tedious..... the worst part is that I'm really not all that impressed with how they turned out... So - I went back to that place, where I always go... "huh - maybe I don't want to make money doing invitations." !?#?! What the hell is wrong with me? I just spent $2000.00 of money I don't have on this machine with the intention of making enough money to pay off my house, so that I won't have to move. Okay..."pay off my house" in MY perfect world. Yes, I realize that "my perfect world" doesn't always coincide with reality. However, that is one of my goals. I believe we can do anything we set our mind to do.

My house is coming along. Am working on the decluttering. I have sold a few things already. Will be returning some unused business equipment this week, putting some more stuff on eBay to sell, and moving my office into another room, so that I can get out of the cave of the bedroom I have been in. I have quite a bit still to do, but have discovered that the more I get rid of the lighter I feel.

As far as the weight/health issue. Still working on it... I had a doctors appointment with my doctor to go over the results of my stress echo. Everything is good, except for the fact that my heart is starting to show signs of hypertension. Very depressing news to me. The good side - It's completely reversible. But only if I do the stuff I need to do to reverse it. So, she's given me 2 weeks to monitor my blood pressure at home. (which I had been doing with a faulty BP monitor that read my blood pressure as normal... oh brother) She also gave me a range that I could fall into, where she will allow me more time to get it under control with diet and exercise. If I don't fall within this range, she insists that I start BP medication. This was a kick in the gut. Finally, all this abuse has caught up with me. And if I don't start treating my body with kindness and respect - its going to give out on me sooner rather than later. This does seem to be serving as a motivator though. I have been more aware and trying really hard to stay present when making food choices. As Andrea pointed out to me... "this needs to be something that you think about because NOT thinking about it has gotten you to where you am today."

1 comment:

Madley said...

Smart kid. Must get it from her mama.